Hello, you may recall that back in December I acquired a new telescope, a lovely 6 inch aperture newtonian. It’s taken 6 weeks until I had the chance to get out with. Such is the curse of new kit.I have done some imaging with it, but I’m missing something, I know the tracking is slightly out but when I try to stack the images the software I use doesn’t detect any stars. Which is odd as the images are full of stars, so I need to figure that out.
So I’m not posting those images on this entry, instead I’m posting some images that I’ve taken using the D3200 with a 70-300 lens. I set the lens to maximum zoom and took a few images to make sure it was focussed. In total I took about 100 images; after removing the first few that were focussing shots and those that had severe star trailing or other issues, I ended up with about 47 images that are worth keeping. So out of those 47 images here are a few that I’m very pleased with.
So there you go, I plan to mount the camera on the EQ3 mount to get some long exposure images in the near future. I will post any that are of any merit.